Monday, October 18, 2010

AWAA Contact

We received an email from AWAA's Intake Coordinator, Sara, requesting some clarification about my congenital heart disease and our child request. After giving her some background on my health, she said she would like a letter from my cardiologist briefly describing my condition, treatment, future health, and fitness to adopt. She also discussed our child request with me and said that at this time the agency does not place two unrelated children together unless there is 5 years between them in age and that it is rare to have siblings available both under the age of 4. She suggested we write our request to be two siblings under the age of 4 or a single child under the age of 1.

Sara said other then those two items our application looked great!

I called my cardiologist directly after talking with Sara and left a message with his office for his email address or for someone to call me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment