Thursday, May 26, 2011

Overdue Update

Wow! I can’t believe it’s been so long since the last posting!! As most of you know by now, the Maurer Family Story has been sent on a different path and into another direction, but for those who don’t know, here is a synopsis…. I am now 20 weeks pregnant!!

We are so blessed to have been on the adoption journey, and now are blessed to be on the biological journey!! We know God has a plan for our family, and we are so happy to have Him setting our paths.  We withdrew for the adoption process with AWAA in April, but hope that we can work with them again in the future.
I have been doing wonderfully throughout pregnancy, and have had very few and no bad symptoms.  Praise the Lord!! I have a team of doctors at Duke Medical Center working together to ensure the baby and I are healthy, including the High Risk OB practice and my Cardiology team. They are all optimistic that I will have no issues with regard to my heart condition and are watching us closely.
Just two weeks ago we had an ultrasound and discovered we are having a baby girl!! We are so excited!! We plan to name her Marylou, after my late mother.  She is a very active little lady, she was during the ultrasound and I can feel her moving daily.
Jason finished the project in Georgia and we are now in Wisconsin.  I hope to travel with him as much as possible before staying home in Greensboro to prepare for our addition. 
I hope to more regularly update the blog, so look for more postings to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment