Sunday, January 16, 2011

Third and Final Home Study meeting!!

We met our social worker, Michele, at the same Panera's.  Once again, Jason and I got there early, so we ordered some soup!  Michele once again got down to business. She had a questionnaire that each of us had to complete individually. I volunteered to go first. She started by asking me about each immediate family member, how often I spoke with them and saw them, and how my relationship with each is. Then the questions got harder... including my own personal strengths and weaknesses and then those for Jason. Our expectations for our child, what changes we will make in our lives once the child arrives, and so on. Jason had it easy because I had already answered each question!

We wrapped up by discussing some additional training we need to complete, the outstanding documents we owe her, and the timeline of the process.  She said we can expect to see a first draft of our home study 75days after our first visit... or March 25 according to my calculations! Whew! That still seems like a long time away!!

We left Panera and ran to a car store to get a fuse for my cigarette lighter in my car, I had really missed Pandora! Then we headed to Jake's new apartment to check it out!  It was AWESOME!  I wish I could move in!!  Jake gave us a tour of his apartment and the buildings facilities, then we went to CPK for dinner (I thought of you Melissa!!).  We had a grand old time talking, laughing, and enjoying each other! The first of many visits with the newest North Carolinian family member!!! So exciting!!

We left Jake's and headed back to our "other home" in GA.  We got back in record time in part because there was no traffic and part because Jason didn't let me drive a leg. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment