Monday, December 20, 2010

Indian Food

While in St. Simons I discovered a delicious Butter Curry "flavor pack" as I like to call them, a package of seasoning to put on meat. I think the brand is "Taste of India" and it's sold at Harris Teeter.  While grocery shopping over the weekend with Teresa, I saw it on the shelf and mentioned it and Teresa said she had never had it and would like to try it. I have made it for dinner a few times in St. Simons and the last time I made nan (Indian bread) to go with it. I found the nan recipe on allrecipies.com.  Teresa and I worked on preparing the bread this morning, it has yeast so it has to be made beforehand.

I had planned to take Teresa and Gustavo to the Woolworth Civil Rights Museum in Greensboro, luckily I checked online to see the hours only to realized that it's closed on Mondays! Poor Chad was not only feeling badly, but he also had a paper to write for his class. So, he stayed home while Teresa, Gustavo, and I went bowling! It was a blast!! We are all not professional bowlers, we just had lots of fun!

For dinner we finished preparing the nan (Teresa did this - she did all the hard parts!) and I cooked the chicken with the flavor pack. It was so yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment