Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Completing Physical Exam and NBA Game

After two weeks of working to get the blood labs completed for my physical in St. Simons, I gave up and decided to have it completed at Duke so my doctor would get the results in a timely manner.  I had attempted since December 6th to get the local Urgent Care clinic to accept the blood draw request from my doctor at Duke, we played phone tag, got bad faxes, and miscommunicated the whole time I was in GA between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

So, I finally went to Duke to get the blood lab completed and the final portion of the physical exam completed. The nurse had told me over the phone that I would need to also get a flu shot - okay, whatever! When I got to the doctor's office they also mentioned that I need a flu shot - okay, that's fine. I was in the chair getting poked when a nurse popped her head in the office and said, "Oh, this doesn't say flu shot, it says TB test!" Which meant I would have to come back 48-72 hours later. I had not planned to make the trek to Durham twice in a week while having guests, but it all worked out. The first trip was planned and Chad, Teresa, Gustavo and I all piled into the car for a day of driving. We went to Durham to my doctor's office for a short visit, then to the Weathervane to see Kelly's restaurant and shop at Southern Season. We then went home and rested for a few hours before going to Charlotte for a Bobcats game. It was Teresa and Gustavo's first time going to an NBA game!


Unfortunately, our team did not win the game, but it was still a lot of fun!!
Not quite court side like David's pictures!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment